Shopping / Store Cupboard List
- 2x Cod Fillets (skinned and boned, 1 per person)
- 3x Carrots
- Handful of Spring Onions
- Pack of Tender Stem Broccoli
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2.5 tbsp Runny Honey
- Olive Oil
- Chop the cod into 1 inch squares
- Peel and chop the carrots
- Chop the Tender Stem Brocolli
- Finely Chop the Spring Onions
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan on a high heat.
- Cook the cod and carrot on a high heat until the carrots begin to soften and the cod starts to colour. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add a splash (tiny splash!) of water to the pan to ‘deglaze’ (stop everything sticking).
- Add the broccoli and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, honey, spring onion and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until the pan is sticky and the vegetables are caramelised a little.
- Serve with your choice of carb (or not, I find this quite filling on its own): rice, potato, sweet potato, whatever takes your fancy!
My daughter is just too young for this at the moment, as she can’t have honey until she is one, but I know she’ll love it when she can eat it as she’s a big vegetable fan!
This dish would also work with chicken, pork or salmon.
Don’t stir too much while you’re cooking, as the fish will flake and disappear!