Shopping / Store Cupboard List
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup arborio risotto rice
- Small piece parmesan
- Small knob butter
- 1/4 courgette
- 1 x sausage
- 1/2 baby stock cube
- Wash and chop the spinach
- Rinse the rice
- Grate some parmesan
- Chop the courgette
- Remove the sausage meat from the sausage
- Make 300ml stock
- Heat the butter over a medium heat until melted.
- Put the sausage meat and rice into the pan and allow the meat to brown.
- Add in the courgette and spinach.
- Gradually add in the stock, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly until it has been absorbed by the rice.
- Don’t take your eyes off the risotto (if you can help it!): every time the stock is nearly gone, add more and repeat.
- Allow the risotto to bubble away as it cooks.
- When you add the last bit of stock, add the parmesan and stir it through.
I find these quantities are perfect for two baby sized meals (my little one is 11 months).
The spoon we are using is a proper risotto spoon! It has a hole in it to further enable the ‘agitating’ of the starch in the rice. But mostly it’s a pretty heart spoon so what’s not to love!