It’s not long to go now (I’m due next month!) so I decided to do the sensible thing and pack my hospital bag.
Who knew it could be so much fun!
I’ve pooled a few sources and ideas over the last couple of weeks, but will add to this if I discover more things or receive any advice on bits and pieces I’ve missed.
Mummy – Essentials
- Most importantly – maternity notes! (mine are rather sizeable, and absolutely essential. Especially as baby will need some neonatal monitoring and checks)
- Comfy pyjamas – I’m a sucker for an amazing pair of PJs!
- Spare comfy pyjamas – I’m opting for a nightie, for fairly obvious birth related reasons.
- Dressing gown – a nice one for the pictures!
- Slippers – I collect slippers from hotels (don’t laugh, they come in very useful!), so no need to use my nice home ones in the hospital.
- Snacks and Fruit Juice Cartons
- Toiletries – mini versions (I’ve had a ball collecting these); skincare, moisturiser, shampoo + conditioner, shower gel, deodorant, lip balm, hair brush, tooth brush, tooth paste.
- Underwear – a few comfy knickers and a spare nursing bra.
- Breast pads and maternity pads (I love the pretty boxes they come in from Boots).
Mummy – Nice Extras
- Cool It Mumma spray
- Snacks (gluten free for me!)
- Pillow (when I was in hospital for the op they only gave me one pillow… this is nice to have if you can)
- Rescue Remedy
- Make up – just incase I feel up to putting it on afterwards for the pics!
- Going home outfit (I’m packing two sizes, just incase the little bean makes an early arrival)
- 3 vests
- 2 sleepsuits
- Nappies (one pack – newborn size)
- Nappy bags
- First toy
- Spare clothes / underwear
- Toiletries – including toothbrush
- Change for the car park
- List of important phone numbers
- Snacks and drinks